Calling all Hartford area music teachers! If you have students who you think would enjoy playing popular music arrangements on their instruments, please consider this ensemble. I’m going to be arranging popular songs specifically for the needs of this group, and it looks like it’ll be a blast:
- We’re holding auditions on Thursday, October 11th, at 5:30pm at Sound Crossing Studio in East Windsor.
- Based on the instruments we register, I’ll be arranging popular music tunes from the present and past (from Beatles to Zeppelin to you name it).
- I’ll lead the ensemble through rehearsals on Thursdays from 5:30 to 6:30pm at the studio, building sight-reading skills, ensemble skills, confidence in playing with other musicians, and much more.
- We will have a final performance at the yearly studio benefit.
- Plus, this is designed to be energizing for young players; I will be listening to each ensemble member’s needs and desires (especially regarding repertoire).
Here’s the official write-up:
Sound & Silence, a performance ensemble focused on performing rock and pop arrangements, will be holding registration and placement auditions on Thursday October 11th at 5:30pm. Instrumentalists of all musical backgrounds are welcome to audition including string players, woodwind & brass players, guitarists, pianists and percussionists. This group gives students the opportunity to gain valuable ensemble and performance skills, while learning and performing new and exciting music arranged specifically to fit the interest and abilities of the students.
Auditions: Thursday October 11th, 2012 @ 5:30pm
Open to: string, brass, woodwind, guitar, bass, piano & drum players!
Audition requirements: one song of student’s choice and sight reading
Session runs: October 25th, 2012 through February 7th, 2013
Rehearsals: Thursdays 5:30-6:30pm
The ensemble is held at:
Sound Crossing Studio
143 Bridge St. East Windsor, CT 06088 • (860) 758-7707 • http://www.soundcrossingstudio.com